Our Patient Participation Group (PPG) was set up in February 2012.
The aims of the PPG are:-
- To Provide the Doctors with strategic advice about the healthcare needs of our local community.
- Assist with Health Promotion and educate about managing their own health.
- Ensure that all patients are kept fully aware of the effect on the surgery of NHS changes.
- Help to promote events for patients.
- Fundraising for the Surgery.
- Give opinions on services offered by the Surgery to improve existing services and suggest new ones.
- Improve communication between the practice and its patients by contributions to the website and Newsletter.
- Improve the practice by looking at the premises itself.
- Advise us about opening hours, telephone access issues.
During 2014-2015 the Group became a virtual group and we kept in contact by email only.
In 2016 we reverted back to quarterly face to face meetings.
We advertise our PPG by using posters, patient leaflets in the waiting room. All new registrations are given the opportunity to join our group when they come for their Registration Health Check.
If you would like to join the virtual group – please complete our online PPG registration form.
The last PPG meeting was held in June 2019, please see here for more information on our next meeting which will be held on 15th January 2020.
Patients are invited to attend the public meetings where the CCG, local authorities and the public are invited to attend a public meeting to discuss services and the proposed changes for local GP practices.